Recreate the magic of a woodland glade in your garden with this mixture of native wildflowers that thrive in hedgerows and lightly shaded conditions. Contains 23 beautiful native wildflower species to form a wonderful carpet of colour.
Unlike most of our mixtures, direct sunlight should be avoided. If an area is mostly bare ground and dark under trees, then this can be too shaded to allow for the germination of seeds, and it is not recommended to a sow wildflowers seeds here.
- Perfect for pollinators, creating habitats and food for a wide range of bees, butterflies and other pollinators.
- Species lifecycle: Perennial native species
- Sowing rate: 1.5-3g per square meter
- Access to light: Requires partial shade
- Optimal sowing period: March to June or August to October
- Flowering Period: May to September
- Species included: Angelica, Bedstraw, Meadow Buttercup, Red Campion, White Campion, White Silene, Cowslip, Ox-eye Daisy, Foxglove, Hedge Parsley, Common Knapweed, Knapweed, Dark Mullein, Great Mullein, Musk Mallow, Mustard, Self-heal, St John's-wort, Teasel, Common Vetch, Tufted Vetch, Woundwort, Yarrow
The wildflowers included in this mixture support the All-Ireland Pollinator Plan and are recommended by the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) as ‘Perfect for Pollinators’.