Bring traditional wildflowers to your garden and countryside with our easy to grow conservation-grade seed mix.
The species in this mix are easy to grow and suitable for most soil types with the exception of extremely dry soils. The inclusion of 40% annual flowers will show colour from the first year, while the biennials and perennials will carry the colour through the following years. The flowering period is from May to July, and on into September.
These wildflowers species are very versatile and provide intense, vibrant colours in swathes and patches. For impact, try cutting this mix short at the front, medium height in the centre and leave tall at the back. The species will provide strong colour swathes at three different height levels with shorter species more prominent at the front, and taller species at the back. Enjoy as our native bee species and butterflies thrive amongst these flowers.
- Perfect for pollinators, creating habitats and food for a wide range of bees, butterflies and other pollinators.
- Species lifecycle: perennial and annual native Species
- Sowing rate: 1.5-3g per square meter
- Access to light: Requires good access to light
- Optimal sowing period: March to June or August to October
- Flowering Period: May to September
- Species List: Birdsfoot Trefoil, Black Meddick, Cowslip, Devil's Bit Scabious, Lesser Knapweed, Meadowsweet, Ox-eye Daisy, Red Clover, Ribwort Plantain, Purple Loosestrife, Selfheal, Wild Carrot, Yarrow, Yellow Rattle. Mullein, Lady's Bedstraw, St Johnswort, and 40% annuals Corn Marigold, Corn Poppy, Corncockle, Cornflower, Scented Mayweed.
The wildflowers included in this mixture support the All-Ireland Pollinator Plan and are recommended by the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) as ‘Perfect for Pollinators’.