Pre-order Yellow Rattle, FRESH from 2023 harvest - Delivery August after harvest.
Yellow Rattle must be sown fresh, within a few months of harvest - for this reason we do not carry over seed from last year's harvest.
Also known as 'the meadow maker' or 'nature's lawnmower'.
Yellow Rattle is an Annual hemiparasite wildflower, meaning that it attaches itself to the root system of numerous different grass species, slowing down their growth rate, giving a better opportunity for other wildflower species to thrive.
Yellow Rattle is suitable for Autumn sowing only, as it needs cold weather to germinate.
Sow Yellow Rattle seed at a rate of 0.5g-1.5g per sq.mMixture Specifications
- Perfect for pollinators, creating habitats and food for a wide range of bees, butterflies and other pollinators.
- Species lifecycle: Annual
- Sowing rate: 0.5-1.5g per square meter
- Access to light: Requires good access to light
- Optimal sowing period: August to November
- Flowering Period: May to September
- Species included: Yellow Rattle only
The wildflowers included in this mixture support the All-Ireland Pollinator Plan and are recommended by the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) as ‘Perfect for Pollinators’.