Also known as a starflower, Borage is an annual wildflower species with bright blue flowers, and much loved by bees. Borage is not a true native but is a naturalised plant to Northern Europe, and an extremely beneficial plant for bees. Borage is easy to establish with a long flowering period from early summer to the first frost of Winter and grows to a height of 30-60cm tall.
- Perfect for pollinators, creating habitats and food for a wide range of bees, butterflies and other pollinators.
- Species lifecycle: Annual
- Sowing rate: 1.5-3g per square meter
- Access to light: Requires good access to light
- Optimal sowing period: March to June or August to October
- Flowering Period: May to September
- Species included: Borage only
The wildflowers included in this mixture support the All-Ireland Pollinator Plan and are recommended by the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) as ‘Plants for Pollinators’.