Once a common weed of Irish tillage (corn) crops, hence it's name, Corn Cockle is a 'Cornfield Annual'.
We produce this species on our Irish Native Wildflower Seed production crops in Faithlegg, Co Waterford. It is always the first species of the season to be harvested as it grows to a considerably tall height earlier in the summer than most other Irish Native Wildflower Species.
- Perfect for pollinators, creating habitats and food for a wide range of bees, butterflies and other pollinators.
- Species lifecycle: annual species only
- Irish Produced
- Sowing rate: 1.5-3g per square meter
- Access to light: Requires good access to light
- Optimal sowing period: March to June or August to October
- Flowering Period: May to September